If you’ll remember, today is my favorite holiday ever. Hopefully in a few days, I’ll give you some photographic proof of this holiday’s awesomeness in the way that my family celebrates it… but I have to remember to take photos. In the meantime, this holiday involves:
- a smattering of my 50 aunts and uncles (on one side)
- A selection of my 59 cousins (on one side) and 12 second cousins (I think that’s the term I want. Second and third always confuse me).
- Tons of food. Including beef from the cows my parents raise (with no chemicals or gross stuff)
- Raspberries. From my mom’s bushes. That means they’re free and all-I-can-pick.
- A boat regatta. Of the cardboard variety. Yup. We really do that.
- Swimming, boating and general frolicking in the best lake ever.
Oh! I almost forgot! I have a contest winner to announce!
Comment number 32 was….
Blogless Angela Noel! She’s been sent an email!
In other news… please everyone be safe with the big fire-exploding-making. Fireworks are not toys. They are fire. Just thought it was worth a review. Um. Yay!